early history of Long Ridge Village, 1700-1800

  • 60 Pages
  • 2.81 MB
  • 1373 Downloads
  • English
by
Stamford Historical Society , Stamford, Conn
Long Ridge, Stamford, Conn., Stamford, Conn. -- History., Stamford, Conn. -- Genea

Places

Long Ridge, Stamford, Conn., Stamford,

Statementby Jeanne Majdalany.
ContributionsStamford Historical Society.
Classifications
LC ClassificationsF104.S8 M27
The Physical Object
Pagination60 p., [1] leaf of plates :
ID Numbers
Open LibraryOL4280979M
LC Control Number78307114

Three Colonial Revival houses were built in the early 20th century and are compatible with the rest of the area's architecture. The Early History of Long Ridge Village Stamford (Connecticut): The Stamford Historical Society, Nils Kerschus, and John Herzan, Connecticut Historical Commission, Long Ridge Village Historic.

Early Origins of the Longridge family. The surname Longridge was first found in Somerset at Langridge, a civil parish and small village that dates 1700-1800 book to the Domesday Book where it was listed as Lancheris.

Literally, the place name means "long ridge. Age Range: 8 and up Grade Level:; 3 - 4 Series: American Community Paperback: 48 pages Publisher: Childrens Pr (March 1, ) Language: English ISBN ISBN Product Dimensions: x x inches Shipping Weight: 8 ounces Customer Reviews: Be the first to early history of Long Ridge Village a review Amazon Best Sellers Rank: #8, in Books (See Top in Books)Author: Raymond Bial.

(shelved 1 time as historical-fiction) avg rating — 1, ratings — published EARLY HISTORY OF THE LONG ISLAND RAILROAD [Smith, Mildred H.] on *FREE* shipping on qualifying offers.

EARLY HISTORY OF THE LONG ISLAND RAILROADAuthor: Mildred H. Smith. Long 1700-1800 book Village, in northern Stamford, Conn., had several over the years, typified in the 's by E.

Hoit at his family's farm off Erskine Road. Around Hoit was joined by LeRoy Barlow DeForest, a year old butcher from Westchester. The Long Ridge Village Historic District is a historic district in the city of Stamford, district, located in rural northern Stamford near the border with New York, was listed on the National Register of Historic Places in Although the district includes a few early 19th-century properties, the area was most heavily developed between andAdded to NRHP: June 2, Both books were written in Ukrainian: one covered the modern history of Kassel, and the other was entitled Renowned Germans, which I assumed covered Kassel’s early history (both books will be donated to the GRHS after I have them translated).

In return for the books, I gave the mayor a small pin with the U.S. and Ukrainian flags, not quite a. Name index to marriage records from the state of South Carolina.

Microfilm copies of these records are available at the Family History Library and Family History Centers. Due to privacy laws, recent records may not be displayed. The year range represents most of the records.

A few records may be earlier or later. Early History.

Description early history of Long Ridge Village, 1700-1800 PDF

In the early s, Algonquin Indians began settling along the shores of Lake Ontario, near its bays and ponds and in the Genesee Valley.

As their civilization grew, and the Seneca joined the Iroquois League, paths through the woods became main thoroughfares. Four centuries ago, when all of America was Virginia, the Shenandoah Valley, a fertile and bountiful mile natural thoroughfare formed by ancient oceans, was the site of old legends and revered tales.

American History Reading List Books on America in the 's. If you are teaching American History, use this Reading List to pick out good historical fiction and nonfiction to go along with your lesson plans.

This section includes books set in the 's. For other years, please see our main American History Reading List. CHANANAGI (“Long ridge”). A Creek town which Brannon places “in Bullock County, just south of the Central of Georgia Railroad, near Suspension.” 15 Woodward represents the people of this town as being allied with the Tukabahchee when the Creek-American war broke out.

The first residents of this region were the Potawatomi Indians who settled in the Chicago area in the eighteenth century. They found this land to be fertile and rich in natural resources and established relationships with French fur traders. After the Black Hawk War, the Potawatomi relinquished their lands in Eastern Illinois and Yankee settlers from New.

Once upon a long, Long Ridge: a memoir of a Connecti - cut community. Stamford Historical Society,xix, pp. Kerschus, Nils.

Download early history of Long Ridge Village, 1700-1800 EPUB

The history of Glenbrook (formerly New Hope). Glen-brook Neighborhood Association, ; 18 pp. Majdalany, Jeanne. The early history of Long Ridge Village Stamford Historical Society, ; (6), 60 pp.

Dutton, Anne. Selected Spiritual Writings Of Anne Dutton -- Eighteenth-century, British-Baptist,Theologian: Volume 2 Discourses, Poetry, Hymns, Memoir (Dutton).

Pennsylvania Historical Maps and Atlases. The state of Pennsylvania collection contains atlases spanning years of growth and development ( through ).Within the atlases historical maps, illustrations, and histories many of which contain family names ideal for genealogical research.

Others are rare antique maps, part of the collection by an exclusive. FromMrs. Majdalany was active in the Stamford Historical Society, serving as its president and writing four books: The Early History of Long Ridge Village ; The History of the Cove in Stamford, Connecticut; The Early Settlement of Stamford, Connecticutand Poems on Stone in Stamford.

Page 25 of 52 THE NULLA NULLA CREEK AND THE GIANT SAUER CEDAR TREE The following story has been compiled by Cecil Chapman and is part of a book he has written on the story has been compiled to cover a description of the Nulla Nulla Creek and the giant red cedar tree which grew in the area over a century is known to most people in the.

The Landscape of Redding, Connecticut (CT): Water, Watersheds, Rivers, Streams, Reservoir The full history is told in a very well written book by James Lomuscio, entitled Village of the Damned: SN4 is situated in northwest Redding west of Long Ridge Road and north of Simpaug Turnpike.

It is an irregularly shaped parcel of 81 acres with. The Stamford Historical Society, the municipal historian of Stamford, is an educational and research institution, whose primary functions are to collect, preserve, conserve, interpret, and exhibit materials relating to Stamford, Connecticut and our region in order to engage citizens in the telling of their stories.

Early Villages of Stamford: The Cove and Long Ridge [Fairfield County] Ebenezer Gay, Jr’s Record of Deaths in his Parish, [Hartford County] An Early History [Fulton County] 20th Century Henry County Legendary Locals of Augusta [Richmond County] 2 Lansingburgh Village Cemeteries, Rensselaer County, The earliest known history of East Ridge began a century and half ago, when, in the early s, Pressley R.

Lomenick moved his family east of Missionary Ridge and settled close to the stagecoach road which ran between Chattanooga, Tennessee and. FromMrs. Majdalany was active in the Stamford Historical Society, serving as its president and writing four books: The Early History of Long Ridge Village ; The History of the Cove in Stamford, Connecticut; The Early Settlement of Stamford, Connecticutand Poems on Stone in Stamford, Connecticut.

The weakness ofthis method was that men were handicapped by having non-adjacent piecesof their farmlands so that here in America changes in land ownnership,when based on the strip system, came about very rapidly(Jeanne Majdalany,The Early History of Long Ridge Village, (), )gersol bough from Thomas Brush Jr., was in five seperate.

The well-written story involves a robbery of the Spring Bluff store and post office that was foiled by efforts of the local citizens and storekeeper, Mr. Ware. Van Leer, born in Jeffriesburg and grew up in St. Clair, once taught at Spring Creek school -- later known as Long Ridge.

Early history. Stamford was known as Rippowam by the Siwanoy Native American inhabitants to the region, and the very first European settlers to the area also referred to it that way. The name was later changed to Stamford after a town in Lincolnshire, deed to Stamford was signed on 1 July between Captain Turner of the New Haven Colony and Chief Ponus.

During the s through s, Leon County attracted planters from Georgia, Virginia, Maryland, and North/South Carolina to its fertile soils and long growing season. Up until the early stages of the Civil War, Leon County was the 5th largest producer of cotton between all counties in Georgia and Florida.

History. Coming soon: Important Glen Ridge Historical Documents and Images, Glen Ridge House Files, articles, and Maps.

Details early history of Long Ridge Village, 1700-1800 EPUB

Become a Member, Patron, or Sponsor of the Glen Ridge Historical Society and support our programs and further development of our online resources. St Nicholas Village. Home Map > > > Information History Neighbourhood Watch Facebook Longridge, Well Lane History Neighbourhood Watch Facebook Longridge, Well Lane.

Built in the 's on land that had been the site of a builders merchants. and allotments before. Longridge, Well Lane. The Village of Hillside.

Before the end of the 19 th Century three Irish gravediggers from Calvary Cemetery north of Chicago, hoping to achieve easy wealth, opened three taverns and restaurants near the entrances to Mount Carmel and Oak Ridge Cemeteries. As the cemeteries grew, business increased but was not as rewarding as expected.

Competition moved in from all over .EARLY FAMILY HISTORIES FOR OHIO. EARLY FAMILY HISTORIES FOR OHIO Original Message From: MRS GINA M REASONER To: [email protected] Date: Monday, J PM Subject: ABRAHAM GRAFFIS FAMILY Ohio The cross road of our nation Records & Pioneer Families July-September Vol.

V No. III Published by .The origins and early history of Longridge Band are lost in the mists of time. Was it formed in the era of Victoria in the s or a century earlier in the time of George ll or his grandson George lll.

First reports of the band playing in public came in when the Longridge (New) Band was on duty at the Goosnargh Club Day.